What is my Personal Page? How do I set it up?
Your personal page is your very own webpage dedicated to your fundraising efforts for the Sandy Sprint. Setting up your Personal Page is easy, and we've already gotten you started- all you have to do is make it your own!
From the Participant Center, click the Personal Page tab at the top of the screen.
Here you can customize your Personal Page that we've already set up for you. You can:
1. Edit the title of your page.
2. Personalize the contentt- we automatically provide information we think you might want to include, and you can change it as much or as little as you'd like.
HELPFUL FUNDRAISING TIPS
- Raise and collect your pledges as quickly as possible.
- Engage Your Social Networks: Post or tweet your fundraising progress to your own followers and friends and utilize the events feature on Facebook to organize and promote your fundraising events. Don't forget to highlight your participation in the 13th Annual Sandy Sprint by liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter.
- Talk about the Sandy Sprint with everyone. Share your stories.
- Take your pledge form wherever you go, or e-mail your donation web page to all of your email contacts.
- Consider everyone a potential sponsor. Include friends, family and associates.
- Solicit your local coffee shops, restaurants, gyms or any business you patronize.
- Enlist your friends’ help in spreading the word and signing up sponsors.
- Commit friends who are unable to make a monetary donation to help raise $300 or more for you.
- Be persistent, but considerate! Make follow-up telephone calls or send an email note to remind your potential sponsors how important the Sandy Sprint is to you.
- Be creative and spontaneous in your fundraising.
- Ask someone who is unable to participate on April 22, 2017 to sponsor you or join as a Sleepwalker.
- If you are frustrated or discouraged for any reason, remember why you’re participating in the Sandy Sprint. Find a positive focus and run with it.
- Remember to call us – 610-446-2272 – or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org when you need our help.
RAISE $300 IN JUST 10 DAYS
1. Put in your own $30
2. Ask your significant other for $30
3. Ask your boss for $30
4. Ask two coworkers for $15 each
5. Ask two friends for $15 each
6. Ask your neighbor for $15
7. Ask two relatives for $15 each
8. Ask your favorite business for $30
9. Ask another coworker and another friend for $15
10. Ask another relative and another neighbor for $15
* Don’t forget to ask if your company has a matching gift program.
WRITE A LETTER
A quick and easy way to reach your goal…write a letter!
Write a letter about your fundraising effort and include:
1. Your personal goal.
2. Why you are walking to raise money for the early detection and prevention of ovarian cancer.
3. If you have a connection to ovarian cancer, discuss how this has affected your life and the lives of your family.
4. What the money will benefit ovarian cancer research and education. Refer supporters to the Sandy Rollman Ovarian Cancer Foundation, Inc. website for more information: www.sandyovarian.org.
5. Where to send donations.
Send or email your letter to business associates, coworkers, friends, family members and everyone on your holiday list.